Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Programs you must have. Ultramon.

I'm going to do a new thing on my blog, Its called programs you must have, I'll tell you programs that you will need to have to make your computering experience fun.



Here is what dual monitors look like without software.
Today I'll tell you about a program called Ultramon. If you use more then one monitor you NEED a program to help you stream line it. When I heard about people getting more work done using dual monitors I figured I'd give it a shoot. I was able to use my HD television. I got everything and I was surprised that Windows 7 Doesn't stretch the taskbar to the second monitor and when I would switch a program to the other monitor the program name would still be on the first screen. After googling for a fix and a program i found a bunch of programs.  One I found was call Display fusion, and I hated it. I thought I was unable to find what I was looking for, then I asked a few of my friends and they told me to try Ultramon.




Here is what it looks with Ultramon.

It does the things I wanted it to do, it makes it so this is a taskbar on both monitors. Another feature i love is that you can have to different pictures for backgrounds (see below) Another thing i like is that it doesn't take up alot of memory. Windows task manager tells me that its only taking up about 3,000k of data. The only thing i dont like it is that it costs money its about $39.95.


As you can see here I'm a fan of scanty and kneesocks.


All in all its a great program and i wouldn't do multimoniters will out it. Here is the Website if you want more infomation. http://www.realtimesoft.com/

16 comments:

  1. I usually don't need two monitors, but when I do, I'll try to remember to use this. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I've been looking for a program like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog! Followed and Supporting!

    http://ausbargain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always wondered if there was any programs that did this, never searched for them so cheers! must look into them

    ReplyDelete
  5. me neither, never knew there were programs to stream-line dual monitors. kewl stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks cool, but I wouldn't know what to do with it n_n

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to bookmark this... seems useful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I get a second monitor, I'll give this program a look

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting, will definitely check this program out. Looks fairly easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome might test this out later!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use this since a few days it's realy good probably brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is also the fact of using various stickers laptop
    techniques depending on what suits you. All you can do it if they put their thoughts to it however you aren't assured success.

    my homepage; sticker paper

    ReplyDelete